Since the popularity of diving as a recreational activity, many insurance companies are now offering diving insurance both local and international with varying coverages. With so many diving insurance deals, it will not only be challenging to choose the right diving insurance but also require a thorough inspection to avoid choosing the wrong one. Here are the things you need to avoid from diving insurance.
- Inappropriate scope – Just because you have a diving insurance it does not mean you are insured in all your diving activities. Diving insurances have different specifics such as the location and depth. You need to get an insurance coverage which covers the location where you dive as well as the depth of the dive. The wrong insurance will make it impossible for you to raise a dispute once they deny your claim.
- Low coverage – Low coverage insurance will often have the basic coverage. This means that there are certain benefits which you will miss out with the diving insurance. Some diving insurance would have a small upper limit of coverage for hospitalization or property damage which could still make you spend a lot of money. You need an insurance which will cover the average hospitalization bills for diving mishaps as well as property replacement.
- Premium rate with low benefits – Some insurance companies would offer premium rates for small benefits. You need to balance out the rate of the insurance and the benefits you can claim from the insurance. You don’t want to find out that an expensive diving insurance won’t cover your hospital bills.
- Unregistered insurance company – The insurance industry is not safe from those people who want to take advantage of the demand. You need to determine whether the insurance company is legal or if it is unregistered. Unregistered insurance company would often scam their clients and will not provide the coverage making their clients lost money.
- Stacking policy – Some insurance coverage can be used along with other insurance coverage. However, there are also insurance coverage which cannot be claimed together with another insurance. You need to make sure that your diving insurance can be used together with your basic health insurance. This will guarantee that you will have lesser bills to pay with your own money.
Before you get a diving insurance, make sure to inquire on several legal insurance companies including Dive Master Insurance regarding their insurance coverage so you can choose the right diving insurance for your situation.